Thursday, August 28, 2014

Take A Step Back From Blogging


Saving pictures to my MacBook and it screens through so many pictures that I have taken in these two to three weeks, is like walking through a memory lane.

I will miss my holiday after I start my full time job. Is like finally..time to say goodbye to student life. When I knew the commencement date, it makes me appreciate my holiday even more.

Appreciate my cafe hopping days, appreciate time spend with family and friends especially in Penang, appreciate the carefree life I have with my dear, went to market and cook for him. Counting down the days.

Let's recall what I have done in the past two weeks in Penang and KL. Travel back the time machine. :-)

And yup, I have cut my hair. From long to short like secondary school back then. No harm cutting so short, hair grows anyway. If you browse through my hairstyle from Form 6 till now, it changes regularly. Lol..

IMG_5772

Meeting up with Wai Yee and Jean Ray who came to Penang. 

IMG_5768

My order at Chocolate Passion, Avocado with Chocolate smoothie something like that, don't quite remember the name. Lovely drink. 

IMG_5756

I'm always so in love with Penang blue sky and beaches. 

IMG_5801

Met Siew Ming, Jewel and Lee Yin at Secawan & Such.

They were so shocked seeing my short hair. Lol. 

IMG_5692

Of course, I spent most of my time with family. Knowing the truth that I no longer have such a long holiday spending with them makes me appreciate my time more at home. 

Prepared lunch for my family. :-)

IMG_5958

Parents brought us for dim sum at Butterworth. This deserves a shot because I never had dim sum in KL, it is so freaking expensive compared to Penang. 

IMG_5704

Ong Cheng Huat Seafood. Is always in one of my top craving food list. 

IMG_5710

Super huge and juicy clams. People who went before know what I meant. 

IMG_5725

Dinner with family at Route 9. Typical Penang western food restaurant. Food and price is very similar to Harvest Inn. Nothing much special so won't go back again. 

IMG_5920

Glad to have brought my parents to try Crepe Cottage. 

I believed many Penangites have forgotten how good is Crepe Cottage in fact patronise all the overhyped cafes namely The Safe Room, Secawan & Such, Coffee Smith so on and so forth. 

I think many youngsters who frequently visit to Penang cafes have never come across Crepe Cottage in Gurney Drive. If so, you will know all the new cafes are really mediocre. 

IMG_5935

My mum loves Crepe Cottage a lot. She asked me how come you never bring me here. She said luckily just now that cafe *I brought them to Coffee Affairs* is fully occupied if not she won't be able to discover this hidden gem. 

Pros of Crepe Cottage, delectable crepes. Cons, you have to wait super long. Lol..therefore go there after dinner so you can afford to wait. 

IMG_5944

One of my favourite, Jawi Chai Kuey! 

IMG_6003

After dinner at Air Itam hawker, I brought them to All Season for coffee. 

We don't usually take dessert or coffee after dinner but I thought since I will only be in Penang for such a short period hence should bring them to explore cafes in Penang. 

IMG_5976

They are always the special ones in my heart. Irreplaceable. 

Timer wefie! 

IMG_5993

Not to forget to visit Ah Yi who is my babysitter when I am small. She sayang us very much and always cook for us when we visit to her house. Thanks Ah Yi! I always visit her when I come back to Penang. :-)

She prepared my favourite prawns and Tu Toh Teng. 

IMG_5806

Her grand children are all grown up.

IMG_5812

Cafe hopping in Penang too! My first visit to Huey&Wah at Belissa Row, Pulau Tikus. Quite favour their Lemon and Passion Fruit Smoothie but is quite pricey, RM13 or 14 with two flavoured marshmallows.

Anyway I root for the quiet and cozy ambience at Huey&Wah.

IMG_5665

Full of Beans at Straits Quay. 

Cons: Very poor wifi connection. :-( Makes me pissed.
Pros: Comfortable couches and parking at Straits Quay sheltered car park is relatively cheap.

IMG_5842

Beaches and sea are always my favourite.

IMG_5860

Acupaday at Bishop Street. Same row as Coffee Affairs.

Highly recommend for their super comfy couches and is very quiet comparing to some of the Georgetown cafes which can be as noisy as market.

Hmm..whereas their recommended coffee is ain't promising. Not to my liking.

IMG_5913

Then, parents came to KL with me. Dear and I brought them for some good food. They like this Japanese buffet restaurant so much. RM60 after tax and eat-all-you-can. Damn awesome!

IMG_6007

Next day Sae Ma Eul at Mont Kiara for dinner. The price is quite reasonable. :-) Will come back again.

IMG_6033

Caffe Bene for dessert cz there are tables available. Rare scene huh?! Lol..

I love their green tea ice cream but not the shaved ice. Coming to Gurney Paragon very soon. I can see another Caffe Bene-Instagram-wave coming soon! Lol..

IMG_6030

Yesterday cooked for my dear. We can finish everything! Lol..and he likes it very much! :-)

IMG_6055

My final cafe hopping day in KL. This final day spend at Coffee Olle at Desa Sri Hartamas. 

This cafe runs by Korean and airing Korean songs in the cafe. Very cozy and strong wifi.

Finished FanGirl already. Teen Romance Novel I would say. And this is so easy to read after My Sister's Keeper. Lol..Still prefer Eleanor & Park! 

IMG_6089

Next up, Me Before You! 

IMG_6091

Recently, I am switching focus from blogging to reading. Need to see what's your priority at that point of time. Blogging was my priority back to third year in university. 

I share and update very frequent in Dayre. I explained why is time to step back from blogging and chose to read instead. 

I understand is certainly a waste if I just left my blog aside that has almost constant traffic everyday even though I am not updating. That was my hard work that I have done in the past two years. Thanks to all of you for reading!! 

Give me some time to look for inspirations in blogging. 

I will surely miss here. A lot. A lot..I know I will be back one day. :-) 






No comments :

Post a Comment